Below are Foxwell NT510 Multi-System Scanner feedback collections on the specific BMW & Mini models and year. Foxwell NT510 Scanner is well-known for its diagnostic and programming function on BMW & Mini models. Hope this post helps.
- Oct 31, 2017 Can perform the dynamic drive reset for a 2002 745. Reset the transfer case oil wear indicator on BMW e83. Can code injectors and new battery on 2008 BMW 135i. Able to reset transfer case adaptations after transfer case fluid change in an F32. Mini Cooper R56.
- We changed the transfer case motor but still having same issues along with now it seems the trans is slipping. Rob on November 14, 2019: I have been told by BMW that I need to change the transfer case in my X5 3D 2010. And guess how much they will charge me? Just under $10000 yes ten thousand dollars. Any suggestions.
- Then the clunking started getting much worse and I changed the transfer case fluid. After changing the fluid I purchased the BMW 1.4 scan tool thinking I could reset the adaptation if needed. When I attached the scanner it did show the oil abrasion code 54C6 until just recently when I was able to clear that code (3.5 mos later).
- TRANSFER CASE MAINTENANCE. We recommend performing the transfer case oil change every 60,000 miles. This service consists of draining out the old gear oil and replenishing the transfer case with approved BMW long life gear oil TF0870. We then perform the transfer case adaptations which is resetting the oil wear values in the VTG module.
Transfer Case Adaptation Reset - What are my options? I have and use INPA for my cars but the TC adaptations has me somewhat frustrated. I really don't feel like spending a day or weekend trying to make ISTA or DIS/GT1 work just for a 20 min fluid change job, plus my laptop works great as is with INPA.
Updates are free lifetime after the end users registers the tool with Foxwell. Currently the updates after that are available via the Foxwelltech.com.
Additional manufacture packages:
Foxwell NT510 is a multi-car tool (many manufacturers listed in the manual). It is packed with no car software, you are supposed to register and download one software for free via the official site foxwelltech.com, and buy additional manufacture packages also via the Foxwelltech site.
Foxwell NT510 scanner test report OK experience:
– reset 1999 e36 SRS light and on 2005 e60 to monitor some misfiring issues.
-If you plan on always having a BMW or other project car in your garage, this scanner tool would be a nice addition to your tool bag.
-The instructions were written well. I bought this tool to specifically reset my service light and also an airbag error which I created when swapping seats in my 2011 Mini Cooper. After finding and reviewing my error codes, quick erase did the trick where other tools would not.
– Glad we bought the 20 pin adapter for this car
– Very useful tool with some additional capabilities, somewhere between Creator Systems and INPA. More time exploring is need for final judgement. If you are buying your first scanning tool and don’t want a laptop based system, buying this would work as it has more capabilities than the Creator BUT it also comes with a heftier price. I think it should replace (vice supplement) the Creator if you have one already.
– It is a lot easier to use than inpa or ncsexpert. I am still learning the tool but it has already paid for itself! I like that it also has generic obd2 for other makes too. For the price , it’s really good . I plan to load up other makes into it as well!
– Worked great even cleared half power light and my cel..tried other scanners and even took it to a non mini dealership and they couldnt erase codes 5 min after plugging this in my jcw back to running right
– reset the airbag warning on a 2011 Mini Cooper (coupe, base model)
– can work for Airbags ABS SRS on 2004 E60
– offers free lifetime updates
– Can start a regeneration for the deisel particulate filter cleaning
– Can register a new battery but can’t change battery type.
– Can pull smg codes and bleed smg on E46 m3
– can register new battery on 2011 BWM X5 35D diesel.
– Can activate and deactivate the DISA valve to test operation in an E90 N52.
– Older BMW cars (ie.a 1993 e36 and a 1994 e32) are compatible with the tool when used with the 20 pin adapter. Functionality is limited due to the nature of the earlier vehicles computer systems.
– Support 2012 BMW X3 (F25) Supported Battery registration, disable brake system and Reset Oil Service interval.
– There is no vin lock on this tool. It can be used on infinite vehicles (so far 17 brands are supported)
– I need a scan tool that will reset the EPB on my 2011 BMW X5, and also work on my 2009 Audi TT, and 2004 Volvo XC 70. Foxwell NT510 scanner will work with all after paying Audi and Volvo software license.
– can read body module codes on 2008 X5 (e70). If the car provides this information it will be able to to read and decode it.
– The included software is not native to Mac computers.
– win10 is compatible.
– Can can provide sensor data from the oil level system on an F82 M4, The M4 apparently can only read the oil level with the iDrive, which we plan on permanently removing for non-street use.
– Allow me to alignment and calibrate fuel injectors on a 2009 535i N54 engine
– Can read codes from a transmission control unit (TCU) on a 2003 e46 325xi.
– Can register a battery to an e90 328i.
– I have a 2007 328i Coupe, NT510 can determine which wheel speed sensor is bad.
– NT510 can read and reset airbag service light. I have an intermittent airbag service light on a 2004 X3 that BMW service cannot track down as it clears from memory before I can get it in for service.
– Have the ability on the 09 BMW E82 135 to scan for ghost codes, and any other stored codes. For example, example it will read codes that you did not get a scanner connected fast enough while the check engine light was on and it goes off before you know what the code actually was.
-Can code new injectors in the BMW 2010 335i.
-Can Re-program the Speed Governor on 2011 e90 328i LCI model, vin WBAPH7C52BE852716…please note: Performance software is required to manipulate top speed limiters.
-Can perform a throttle actuator adaptation on an e92 M3 after replacment
– Is capable of functioning as a universal OBDII reader for all makes in addition to it’s BMW/Mini/RR Specific functions.
– Can work with a 2012 mini cooper countryman s all 4.
– Have E36 OBD1, for OBD1 cars will require adapter ES2992111 to perform function, Available features will be dependent upon the cars abilities. Not all features are compatible with all models.
-Communicates via the obdII plug in the cabin on the E39 M5 2000, no extra adapters needed.
– Whether NT510 can read TPMS codes or not (Specifically to tell which TPMS receiver is malfunctioning), it depends on the vehicle,If your car has the ability to provide this information the tool will be able to pull this data.
– can read and reset O2 sensor readiness codes but will not code them off permanently.
– Updates can be skipped; sequential installation of updates is not required.
– Can reset “Right/Left Cornering light” warnings on 2011 335d caused by after-market halo installation. To properly clear the error code you need halos with proper resistance, this will cause the car’s computer to automatically reset the warnings.
– I own a 2011 335i N55. all functions are supported across the E93 series.
– Able to reset the (sas) steering angle sensor
– Ok to reset the Airbag/seatbelt light on Mini Cooper S R56.
– Ok to modulate the e-parking brake on a 2012 BMW F10 to enable a rear brake job with rotor replacement.
– Module recoding and programing is possible with this tool.
– Availability of features of this nature will vary heavily model to model and year to year.
– Can register new tire pressure monitoring sensors.
– Can do VANOS test, Idle Sync etc for e46 m3.
-Can activate the abs unit in order to bleed it on a 2008-011 m3.
– Can do battery registrations and coding on BMW and mini cooper.
– Be able to code a new battery on 08-2011 M3’s.
– To make NT510 is compatible with the early E36 (The car has ads modules for Abs and srs), need the 20 pin adapter ES2992111.
– Can reset the adaptations needed after an e46 m3 smg clutch change.
– Allow for line code changes when programming car options, such as automatic door locking.
– Enable auto rear window defogger for GM5 module on BMW E46. E46 general module coding is possible.
– Can perform the dynamic drive reset for a 2002 745.
– Reset the transfer case oil wear indicator on BMW e83.
– Be able to display the sensor’s output if this function is registered by the car’s dme.
– Can pull codes from the SRS system and reset the light once all issues are corrected-
– Able to reset transfer case adaptations after transfer case fluid change in an F32.
– Allow coding of the LCM and GM on BMW vehicles.
– Have the ability to program new ABS components to current vehicle.
Bmw X5 Transfer Case Adaptation Reset
– Can code for Xenon headlight conversions and also for activating *Sirius Retrofit Enable Code (FSC)* for Mini Cooper R56’s, but only some models not all.
– Can read BMW Specific (Shadow/Hidden Codes)
Bmw X3 Transfer Case Adaptation
– Can code injectors and new battery on 2008 BMW 135i.
NT510 scanner test report Fail experience::
– NT510 scanner cannot remove the top rpm limiter on a bmw z4m roadster 2007, performance tuning software is required to remove top speed limiters.
– Can’t retract the calipers on a 2005 BMW x5 4.4i e53. The E53 does not have electronically controlled calipers. On the E53 you’ll manually compress the pistons after removing the caliper, please see the following tools to assist you with this task, ES8211 ES9747 ES2153340
Where to buy Foxwell NT510 Multi-System Scanner?
Make sure buy from a authorized Foxwell dealer with good quality device and fine after-sales service, more importantly able to register at official site foxwelltech.com. FYI, I bought from the dealer www.foxwelltool.com, the customer service is helpful when I have any issue, they response quickly.