Official WhatsApp for Windows desktop application allows you to stay in touch anytime and anywhere - whether on your phone or computer at home or work. The app itself is quite similar to WhatsApp Web that was meant to be an extension of your phone: the app mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device. Download Whatsapp For Windows 10. Free and safe download. Download the latest version of the top software, games, programs and apps in 2020.
WhatsApp, free download. Instant messaging software for Windows: Access your WhatsApp chats, groups, images and audio from a desktop PC but without support for audio or video calling. Review of WhatsApp for PC. Includes tests and PC download for Windows 32 and 64-bit systems. WhatsApp runs on a huge range of operating systems, but even the ubiquitous messaging app doesn't think it's worth supporting Windows Phone any more. The company has announced it is ending support.
As featured in:
WhatsApp is no longer supported on Windows Phone, it was officially discontinued on December 2019. WhatsApp is available for Android, iPhone, Windows and macOS desktop clients.
If you were looking for the Windows desktop client for WhatsApp, you can download it here.
Other alternatives for messaging on Windows Phone include Viber, Telegram, or simple SMS.
WhatsApp is a cross-platform messaging service that uses the same internet data plan you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends. In addition to basic messaging WhatsApp users can create groups, send each other unlimited images, video and audio media messages.
- No hidden costs: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
- Multimedia: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
- Group Chat: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
- Personal: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
- No international charges: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
- Say no to pins and usernames: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
- No need to log in/out: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is always on and always connected.
- No need to add buddies: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
- Offline Messages: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
- And much more: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more.
- Improved search lets you instantly find messages, chats, and contacts. This may take a few days to show up after you update the app.
- Support for in-app notification sounds
- Various enhancements and bug fixes
- WhatsApp now opens faster
- Share Location: drop and drag pin lets you share a precise location
- You can now add captions to photos and videos
- Crop and rotate photos
- Added ability to archive chats and groups
- Each chat or group can now have it's own background
- Better support for phones with high-resolution screens
Recent WhatsApp Messenger for Windows Phone news
- Privacy information has to be listed in the App Store only
- Conversations will be deleted automatically after seven days
- 193 votesThe WhatsApp desktop app is an extension of your phone: the app mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device.
- 631 votesMake calls, send messages and much more - freely and securely. Viber works on most Android, iOS, and Windows 10 devices, as well as Mac and Windows computers.
- 133 votesTelegram is the best alternative to Whatsapp. It’s multiplatform, simple and free.
- Multiple OS
Popular apps in Instant Messaging
While there are many ways to keep in touch with your family and friends, and so many applications to choose from, WhatsApp comes as a strong contender. It offers fancy chairs as well as an advanced tool to communicate efficiently.
WhatsApp can be used by all kinds of users, regardless of their level of technical expertise. It is compatible with all sorts of devices and operating systems. All you need is one account, and you can synchronize this account across multiple devices and platforms. The desktop version is particularly interesting as it allows for room for more flexibility and convenience. So if you work a lot from your computer, you might need to consider using WhatsApp for desktop just because it is more comfortable to reply messages instantly from the computer as opposed to continually getting distracted by messages to your mobile WhatsApp application.
How Beneficial is WhatsApp Desktop Version?
First things first, the desktop version works just like the mobile application. The interface is the same, only bigger. You have access to all the features on the mobile phone directly from your laptop or desktop. Using WhatsApp on your computer is not as difficult as you might think. It does not require any installation which makes it accessible even for beginner users.
To begin using WhatsApp on your Windows system, you need to have already an account created preferably on your mobile phone. After you have your account created, then you can go ahead to synchronize that account to your desktop. The synchronization process is also easy as it requires a few simple steps to complete.
Once you have the mobile application setup, and downloaded the windows application from WhatsApp official website you will be directed on how to synchronize that account on both devices.just navigate to settings on your mobile app, click on WhatsApp web/desktop options where you can see Scan QR Code. Click on Scan QR Code, and you will be offered into a separate window where the code can be scanned. It is essential to note that you can see how many devices you have logged into using this method in the last time you were active on these devices. You can also choose to log out from all devices which will automatically log you out from any synchronized device.
As already mentioned, you have access to all the features and options seen on the mobile application; the only difference is that you have more convenience regarding the size of each function as well as easy accessibility to keyboard shortcuts.
You can view stories of other WhatsApp users who are shared using the mobile application. These stories appear on their status just like they would on the mobile app. You can decide to fast forward through multiple accounts, or you can allow it to play out usually. Apart from viewing stories, the WhatsApp desktop application enables you to chat with anyone and share sensitive information which cannot be monitored by unauthorized third parties. All your messages are encrypted, hence, secure.
Another thing you can do using the Windows application is the ability to share Photos, Videos, Documents, as well as Contact. You can even utilize your web camera to take photos and share directly with your contacts. You can view a person's profile by clicking on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the application. Or you can click on the panel with the person's name on, and it would take you directly to the contact info of that person. While at the contact info, you can perform a myriad of actions, like muting a person, and specifying for how long you wish for them muted. You can block, report a contact, or delete your chats with that contact completely.
You also have access to order Starred Messages from your conversation with that contact. You also have direct access to all the shared information which particular contract, like Media, Links, as well as Documents. should know, however, that one you delete your chats with this person, you are also getting rid of all your shared information and files. Another cool thing about using WhatsApp on your Windows operating system is the ability to search for information within your chat with a particular contact. All you have to do you click on the magnifying glass icon and type in the phrase one word, or one letter, and the application will filter out, or the relevant options and you can scroll through them for the most appropriate one.
Using WhatsApp on your computer enables users to create new chat with other users. You can create new chat groups and add as many people as you wish. You can also assign administrators to these groups as well as remove people from the group.
On the left panel of your screen, you can access all your contacts, group, as well as the ability to tweak your settings. You have access to archived information, starred messages, as well as the option of logging out of your desktop application. Remember that you can also log out using the mobile app in case you forgot to log out of a remote desktop.
Regarding messages and chats, you have full access to emojis, stickers, as well as GIFs. Users can equally send voice notes by clicking on the microphone icon on the bottom left corner of the screen while chatting with others. All the messages on your mobile app are accessible in real-time from the desktop, and you even receive notification of new messages on the desktop faster than the mobile app.
Key Features of WhatsApp Include:
- Access to all your contacts;
- Synced with your mobile device;
- Users can share videos, photos, documents, and contacts;
- The ability to use emojis, GIFs, and stickers;
- Share voice notes;
- Use a web camera;
- Access Archived messages, as well as Starred messages;
- Users can search through messages with keywords, phrases, and the rest;
- You can start new chat groups;
- Access profiles, delete contacts and chats;
- Easy to use user interface;
- It’s compatible in multiple languages;
- Supports Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 10 64-bit.
Using the desktop version of WhatsApp is much more convenient for regular computer users. You can access most of the features on the mobile version and can access all your messages in real-time. Note that this version does not require installation as you only need one mobile app account, and then sync the account across multiple devices. Also, all the icons are larger, making it perfect for viewing without the need to squint your eyes. It is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 10 64-bit, and works well with multiple languages.
We don't have any change log information for WhatsApp 0.3.9308.0 yet. If you have any change log info for this version of WhatsApp you can share with us.
- Developer:WhatsApp Inc.
- Operating system:Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- MD5 Checksum:623464ea76433bf18975db16c351405a
- Related Apps
- Top Alternatives
Whatsapp For Microsoft Phone Download
- Facebook Desktop
A lightweight application to browse Facebook directly from PC desktop
An instant messaging application for chatting, video calling, sharing voice notes, as well as files across borders
A convenient way to manage your Slack and Discord accounts through a single interface
- Miranda IM
Easily connect with your family and friends, regardless of your distance
Keeping family and friends connected, over the internet
An instant messaging application for chatting, video calling, sharing voice notes, as well as files across borders
The best and easy-to-use Skype alternative for your computer
A powerful messaging tool that makes it possible for its users to share data securely between devices with internet access
A lightweight and straightforward tool for communicating with individuals as well as groups