Swiffy ever helped people to convert SWF to HTML before, but Swiffy cannot support the conversion now. If you are searching for an alternative to Swiffy converter to convert SWF to HTML5, this article is prepared for you. This article mainly introduces how to convert SWF to HTML5 with two ways. Progress on Swiffy was sufficient that Google hired him full-time and formed a team to work on the project. The product manager of Google Swiffy was Marcel Gordon. Swiffy 6.0.1 was released on February 11, 2014. Swiffy was shut down July 1, 2016. Google today announced the launch of Google Swiffy, a new Google Labs effort to produce a tool capable of converting Flash content to HTML5 for display on non-Flash devices such as the iPhone. Google Swiffy was a web-based tool developed by Google that converted SWF files to HTML5. As part of transition of display ads to HTML5, Google shutdown Swiffy Flash.
This screenshot is taken using Google Chrome on the Google Swiffy demo page.
Google Swiffy was a web-based tool developed by Google that converted SWF files to HTML5. Its main goal was to display Flash contents on devices that do not support Flash, such as iPhone, iPad, and AndroidTablets. Swiffy was shut down July 1, 2016.
Google Swiffy supported a subset of SWF 10, ActionScript 2.0 and ActionScript 3.0.
- Firefox 5+ (partly supported)
- IE9 (partly supported) and IE10
- WebKit-based browsers
Swiffy was started in the summer of 2011 by Google engineering intern Pieter Senster, who joined their mobile advertising team to search for solutions to display Flash content on devices that do not support Flash. Progress on Swiffy was sufficient that Google hired him full-time and formed a team to work on the project. The product manager of Google Swiffy was Marcel Gordon.
Swiffy 6.0.1 was released on February 11, 2014.
Swiffy was shut down July 1, 2016.
- Wallaby by Adobe converts FLA files to HTML5.
- ^ ab'Google is killing its Swiffy tool for converting Flash files into HTML5 on July 1'. venturebeat.com. 15 June 2016.
- ^Pieter Albertus Mathijs Senster, The design and implementation of Google Swiffy: a Flash to HTML5 converter
- ^'Swiffy: convert SWF files to HTML5 - The official Google Code blog'. googlecode.blogspot.com. 28 June 2011.
- ^'Shumway, Mozilla's HTML5-Based Flash Player Replacement, Lands In Firefox Nightly – TechCrunch'. techcrunch.com.