500 Rummy is a fun game for all ages! The objective of the game is to lay down number sets in order to get the most points by the end of each round and to get rid of all your cards before anyone else does. The first player to reach 500 points wins the game. There are only a few things you need in order to play.
- 500 Rummy is played with a standard 52 card deck plus two jokers, 54 cards in all. The game is possible for any number of players from 2 to about 8. When 5 or more people play, two decks shuffled together (108 cards) should be used. The cards have point values as follows.
- Rummy 500 is the BEST Rummy game created for Kindle! Our take on this wonderful classic offers three levels of difficulty as well as extensive statistics tracking. You will become addicted to creating the best melds, using your wilds, playing on your opponent's melds, and it might require making some risky moves to capture the win!
- Play Multiplayer Rummy 500 Online The Deck and Dealing. Rummy 500 uses a standard deck, plus 2 jokers. Each player is dealt a hand of 7 cards. The remaining cards become the draw pile. To begin play, a card is played from the draw pile face up into the discard pile.
- Rummy 500 is the BEST Rummy game created for Android. Rummy 500 offers four levels of difficulty, 6 unique game modes as well as extensive statistics tracking. It is an unparalleled game play.
Rummy is a game that originated in the beginning of the 20th century and it is most likely based on the Mexica game ‘Conquian’. Conquian, on the other hand, is based on the Chinese game ‘Khanhoo’ and if we keep looking back, it could have roots in ‘Mahjong’. Rummy has several variants and it can be played with several decks of cards, it all depends on how many players are playing. There is no limit for how many players can participate, you just have to use the number of decks required for the amount of players participating. It has been said that Rummy is one of the most popular card games in the world, right after poker.
Rummy 500 is a variant of Rummy, it is played until one player reaches 500 points. The game described here is designed for 2 players.
Goal of the game
The main goal of the game is to be the first to get 500 points. Positive points are gained by melding cards. Negative points are received for any remaining cards left in the player's hand at the end of each deal, (when the opponent has gotten rid of all his/her cards).
To begin, each player is dealt 13 cards. The remaining cards from the deck are placed face-down and form the stock pile. The top card of the stock pile is turned over and is then used to start the discard pile (the cards in the discard pile are face-up). The game begins by one of the players drawing a card from either the stock pile or from the discard pile.
The main action of the game is melding sequences and groups of cards of the same rank. Sequences must consist of at least 3 cards of the same suit in consecutive order, for example: Q♥, J♥, 10♥ . Groups must consist of at least 3 cards of the same rank, for example: 2♥, 2♣, 2♠.
Every round consists of two or three parts:
- drawing a card from the stock pile or drawing a card/cards from the discard pile,
- melding cards (optional)
- and discarding one card to the discard pile.
If a player draws from the discard pile, they can take one or more cards. If a player takes one card, they cannot discard that card to the discard pile during that turn. If a player takes more than one card, they must meld the last of the cards immediately.
So the player can take from the discard pile the amount of cards needed to complete the meld. In Rummy 500 players have common melds. In other words, they can add cards to those melded by their opponent.
Positive and negative points can be earned in the game.
Positive points are awarded for melding cards, according to values listed below:
- Ace: 15 points or 1 point (15, if the Ace is a part of a sequence similar to A♥, K♥, D♥ or to a group similar to A♥, A♣, A♠; and 1, if the Ace is a part of a sequence similar to 3♥, 2♥, A♥),
- The King, The Queen, The Jack, Ten=10 points,
- The cards from Nine to Two= the number of points is the same as the cards' values(for example: 9=9 points,8=8 points..and so on).
Negative points are received for any remaining cards left in a player's hand at the end of the deal (after the other player has gotten rid of all their cards).
Free 500 Rummy Card Game Download
Rummy 500 Card Game online, free
The game is over when one of the players gets 500 points. If both players reach (500 points) after the same deal, the winner is the player who has the most points.